Spinach Pasta Salad
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach leaves
- 2 1/4 cups ziti or other medium pasta
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup light mayo or salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons ham
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Cook pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
Dressing: Combine the spinach, basil, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper in a blender. Add oil and water. Process until nearly smooth and forms a paste. Combine with mayo.
toss pasta and pesto mayo in large bowl until well coated. Cover and chill 1 hours.
To serve: Spoon salad into bowl. Sprinkle with ham and nuts.