Charlotte Lane Spinach Salad
- 2 oranges
- 1 tart apple
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Cut slice from top and bottom of each orange. Cut off skin, removing outside membrane. Slice thinly crosswise. Core apple, cut into 1/2" chunks.
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
Add spinach to dressing, toss well. Arrange in shallow salad bowls. Garnish with oranges, apples and nuts.