Sea Bass With Leeks, Potatoes And Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups thinly-sliced leeks, white and pale green
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 French-bread baguette - (abt 2 oz) sliced, and lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tspn dried rosemary)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 sea bass fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard plus
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 medium red-skinned potatoes
Melt butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and chicken broth to skillet. Cover and simmer until leeks are tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover skillet and simmer until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Place toasted baguette slices, rosemary, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil in processor. Using on/off turns, process until moist crumbs form.
Place fish on baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread 1/4 cup mustard atop fish, dividing equally. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs over each fillet, pressing gently to adhere. (Leeks and fish can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
Whisk vinegar and 1 teaspoon mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, bake fish until opaque in center, about 20 minutes. Rewarm leek mixture in skillet over medium heat.
Slice each potato crosswise into 5 rounds. Arrange potato slices in circle on plates. Spread 1/6 of leek mixture over potatoes on each plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Place fish atop leek mixture.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Scallop And Vegetable Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon With Breadcrumb, Olive And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork With Port Jus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Raspberry Jalousie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato And Seafood Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Risotto With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom-Leek Soup With Brie... 0/5 (0 Votes)