Italian Tortellini Salad
- 1 lb 4 oz three cheese tortellini
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup banana peppers, chopped
- 1/4 lb capicola ham, chopped
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, chopped
- 1/3 lb hard salami, chipped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced Italian parsley
- 6-8 basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (white wine vinegar can be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 (or 1/2 is desired) tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dry herb de provence
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 33mins
Adapted from willcookforsmiles.com
1.Cook tortellini according to the package, drain well and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil so it won't stick together and let it cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2.Chop meats, tomatoes, banana peppers and cheese. Add it to the cooled tortellini in the bowl.
3.Mince herbs and add it to the mixing bowl as well. Add some salt and mix well.
4.In a jar with a lid, combine ingredients for the dressing. Close the jar and shake well.
5.Pour dressing into the bowl with tortellini mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
6.Cover and refrigerate salad before serving.