Italy - Bourbon Fig + Gorgonzola Stuffed Pork loin
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1 cup bourbon
- 2 heads roasted garlic, cloves squeezed out
- 8 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, like a thyme, rosemary and oregano combo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with nonstick spray.
Place the pork on a cutting board and get a sharp knife. I like to slice it twice to open it up so I have a lot of space to work with. I start at the bottom of the pork (about 1/4 inch from the bottom) and slice it lengthwise, then continue to cut again and open up the pork. Hereis great tutorial!
Place the dried figs in a bowl. Heat the bourbon in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it's simmering, then pour the bourbon over the figs and let them sit for 4 to 5 minutes. In the meantime, spread the roasted garlic cloves out over the inside of the pork. Once the figs have softened a bit, add them on top of the roasted garlic (save the bourbon they sat in!), followed by the crumbled gorgonzola and then sage. Tightly roll up the tenderloin and tie it together with kitchen twine. Season the entire outside with the salt and pepper, the herbs and rub with the brown sugar. Place on the roasting pan or baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the inside is cooked and reads about 140 to 145 degrees. Let the pork rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
I like to take the bourbon that the fig sat in and combine it with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and reduce it by half in a saucepan over medium heat. I pour it over the pork right before serving!
You'll also love
- Italian Lemon Cookies (Anginetti) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wegman's Beef Burgundy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunny's Roasted Rosemary and Thyme... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Potatoes, Peas and Pearl... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bourbon Bacon Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OLD SOUTH COCA-COLA PORK LOIN 3.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Fig-Jalapeno Jam 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Buccellati (Sicilian Christmas Fig... 0/5 (0 Votes)