Scallop And Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 asparagus spears trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 carrot peeled, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into
- matchstick-size strips
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
Mix soy sauce with cornstarch in small bowl.
Heat sesame and peanut oils in wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add vegetables, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add scallops and stir-fry until almost cooked through, about 1 minute.
Stir soy sauce mixture and add to wok. Stir until liquid boils and thickens and scallops are opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.