Whole Wheat Blend Rotini with Spicy Turkey Sausage and Mustard Greens
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (13.5-ounce) package uncooked whole wheat blend rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound hot turkey Italian sausage
- 8 ounces bagged prewashed cut mustard greens
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place 1/2 cup broth in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat.
Combine water and remaining broth in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in pasta. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well; place pasta in a large bowl. Keep warm.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in greens; cook 2 minutes or until greens wilt. Add reduced broth, half-and-half, and cheese. Cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
Add sausage mixture to pasta, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Fresh Tomato & Basil Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Osso Buco with Gremolata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers with Special Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Chorizo and Potato Frittatas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey and Bean Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage & Peppers 0/5 (0 Votes)