French Silk Chocolate Pie
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 oz Hershey's® unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pasteurized eggs or 1 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls, if desired
Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.