Roasted Root Vegetables II
- 2 large red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) cut 1 1/4"-long
- by 1/2"-wide by 1/2"-thick strips
- 2 large fennel bulbs cored, and cut into 1/3"-thick wedges
- 1 large celery root (celeriac) peeled, and cut 1 1/4"-long by 1/2"-wide by
- 1/2 "-thick strips
- 20 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches green onions cut 1" pieces
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or canned vegetable broth more or less
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
Spread vegetables out on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast vegetables until almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
Mix green onions and stock into vegetables. Bake until vegetables are just tender, about 15 minutes longer.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
This side dish and the "Potato Gratin With White Cheddar Cheese" (see recipe) would also be good with roast chicken or beef.