Black n' Blue Grilled Steak Salad Creme De La Crumb
What's for dinner? Try this Black n' Blue Grilled Steak Salad Creme De La Crumb recipe.
- For the croutons:
- 4 8-ounce sirloin steaks (see note)
- 1-2 tablespoons McCormick Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 slices texas toast style white bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- For the blue cheese dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup half and half or similar milk
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut texas toast bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with italian seasoning and garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool.
While croutons are baking, prepare the blue cheese dressing. In a blender or food processor combine mayo, greek yogurt, worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, vinegar, and milk and pulse until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese crumbles and pulse again until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and gently stir in remaining blue cheese crumbles. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat your grill to medium heat. Prepare your steak by sprinkling generously with the steak seasoning and massage it into the meat with your finger tips (on both sides of the steaks). Grill steaks 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked to desired doneness (if they are particularly thick or you prefer your steak medium-well they may need a few extra minutes on the grill) Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then thinly slice.
Arrange salads with lettuce on the bottom, then top with steak, avocados, red onions, tomatoes, croutons, blue cheese crumbles, and blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.
Skirt steak would be the ultimate cut of meat for this salad but it is a little pricey and can be difficult to find so if you can't get your hands on some, sirloin works great.
You'll also love
- Paleo Steak Salad with Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)