Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 2 - 1/2 cups all-purpose GF flour mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup Golden Crisco
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 - 7 tbsp. cold water
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place flour mix in large bowl, add salt and sugar. Cut in the margarine and Crisco until about the size of peas.
3. Beat the egg and add vinegar and 6 tbsp. of water. Stir into the flour mix forming a ball. Add more ice water if necessary. You may knead this a bit since rice flour crusts can stand handling. Refrigerate the dough for an hour or more to chill.
4. Divide dough and roll out onto a floured pastry sheet with a sheet of wax paper on top. Use the paper to transfer the pastry to the pan. Shape before removing the paper. Trim as required.
5. Bake as directed for filling used. If baking an empty single crust, prick the pastry with a fork on sides and bottom and bake in preheated oven at 425°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes enough pastry for a 2-crust 9in pie and a single crust, or enough for a 10in deep-dish double crust pie.