Makes 8 servings
- 1 bag of salad greens
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 can beans, i.e kidney, black, dark red etc
- 1 8 oz pkg grated Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lb hamburger or ground turkey
- 1 pkt taco seasoning mix
- 1 can whole black olives
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size chunks
- Tortilla Chips
- Salad Dressing, (your choice)
1. Fry the burger or turkey meat till cooked through.
2. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water and let simmer for 10 minutes
In the meantime:
3. Put salad greens in bowl
4. Add onions, tomatoes, beans olives.
5. Let meat cool slightly, (can still be warm) then add to salad mixture
6. Stir in the cheese
7. Crunch up about a half of a standard bag of Tortilla chips and mix into salad.
8. Add avocado last
9. Toss the salad
Serve with remaining tortilla chips.