Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
A yummy gluten free sugar cookie that goes great with @331688.
- 4 cups GF all-purpose baking flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Sift together the GF flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and sour cream until well blended. Stir in the sifted ingredients. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). On a lightly GF floured (or icing sugared) surface, roll the dough out to ¼” in thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1–½” apart onto ungreased (I use silicone lined) baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.