BBQ Chicken Tenders
Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (see Note)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
Combine barbecue sauce, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Set aside 1/2 cup of the sauce in a small bowl. Cut any large chicken tenders in half lengthwise, then add all the tenders to the large bowl with the remaining sauce; stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2.Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
3.Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Place the tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Generously coat both sides of each tender with cooking spray.
4.Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and continue baking until the outside is crisp and the tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve with the reserved sauce for dipping.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Scampi - Cheesecake Factory... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Arrabbiata 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Loin with Hazelnut Brown... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sesame Turkey Cutlets with Israeli... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BAKED GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Whole Chicken in Pressure Cooker 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Tangy... 4/5 (1 Votes)