Mini Chorizo and Potato Frittatas
- 3 med.(approx. 1.2 lbs.) Red skin potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 oz. bulk Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 sm. Onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 c grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375F and position a rack in the center. Grease a standard-size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Put the diced potatoes in a medium saucepan; add enough cold water to cover by an inch. Add the salt and cover to bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered until the potatoes are tender yet firm, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, brown the chorizo in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking into chunks, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Spoon out the cooked and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Remove all but ½ tsp of grease from the pan. Return the pan to the heat and add the onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and translucent, 5-8 minutes. Add Garlic, cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Fold in the cooked chorizo, potatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Divide between the prepared muffin tins, using a little less than ½ cup of mixture per tin.
Bake until frittatas pull away from the sides of the tins and are set and not gooey in the middle, 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool for several minutes before removing from the pan.
Serve immediately or refrigerate or freeze once cooled. To reheat leftovers, heat in the microwave on high power for 1-2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (397 Votes)