Shrimp, Cabbage, and Carrot Potstickers
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, divided
- 5 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and finely chopped
- 40 gyoza skins or wonton wrappers
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 Tbsp. water, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Cooking spray
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in carrot; cook 1 minute. Stir in cabbage; cook 3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce; cook 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cool; stir in shrimp.
2. Arrange 8 gyoza skins on a clean work surface. Spoon about 2 rounded teaspoons shrimp mixture in center of each skin. Moisten edges of skins with water. Fold in half; press edges together to seal. Place on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch; cover to prevent drying. Repeat with remaining gyoza skins and shrimp mixture. Set aside, or follow freezing instructions.
3. Bring remaining chili garlic sauce, remaining soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water, honey, and vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of potstickers with cooking spray. Arrange 10 potstickers in skillet; cook 2 minutes or until browned. Turn potstickers over. Carefully add 1/3 cup water to skillet; cover and steam 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Remove potstickers from pan; keep warm. Repeat with remaining potstickers and water. Serve with soy sauce mixture.
Assembled potstickers can be frozen and cooked at a later time. To freeze, sprinkle uncooked potstickers with cornstarch; freeze on a baking sheet until firm. Place in a zip-top plastic freezer bag; freeze up to 2 months. Reheat: Follow step 4 using frozen potstickers, steaming for 7 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Noodle Soup 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cabbage Sautéed with Chicken 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Thai Vegan Mango Basil... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kale salad with I.T.I dressing 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir-Fry 5/5 (4 Votes)
- FISH - Grilled Fish Stuffed With... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cabbage Soup with Dill and Farro 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Scallops with Hazelnuts and Warm... 5/5 (4 Votes)