Risotto With Mushrooms And Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 cups canned vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice (or medium-grain white rice)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas cut 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine broth and wine in saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; stir 2 minutes. Stir in all but 1/4 cup broth-wine mixture. Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until rice is tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, sugar snap peas and bell pepper; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir into risotto along with cheese and mint. Mix in enough remaining broth mixture if needed to moisten. Season risotto with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.