Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (or pour cream of chicken soup over)
•Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham
and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
•In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In
another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third
bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in
•In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an
8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
•Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no
longer pink. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter.