My oh My Tomato Pie
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2/3 cup minced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh oregano
Adapted from pauladeen.com
Preheat oven to 425°.
Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate, and crimp edges as desired. Fill with pie weights.
Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove pie weights, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Meanwhile, spray a small skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in basil and oregano.
Arrange half of tomatoes in cooled pie shell, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each seasoned salt and pepper. Top with half of onion mixture. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and onion mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Parmesan. Spread onto Cheddar.
Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Garnish with oregano, if desired. Serve immediately.6