Edamame and Bacon Succotash
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 c. fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 c. frozen shelled edamame
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into 1/4 in. pieces
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3/4 c. fresh basil, roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, and break into pieces when cool.
Drop the corn and edamame into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes; drain and run under cold water to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the corn, edamame, roasted red peppers, scallions, oil 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the basil and bacon just before serving.