Parmesan Zucchini Tots
Zucchini Tots will become a family favorite. Your kids will love them, with a side of ranch and you'll love them because everyone's getting another vegetable!
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded and lightly patted dry (about 1 1/2-medium zucchini)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs, if you use non-seasoned panko bread crumbs, make sure to add Italian seasoning to your mix
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from kirbiescravings.com
Shred zucchini with a vegetable grater. When done, pat zucchini dry with a few sheets of paper towels. While you don't need to completely dry the zucchini, you do want to absorb some of the moisture. I used about 4 sheets of paper towels. You want to keep drying the zucchini until the stage where when you pat the shredded zucchini with a paper towel, the paper towel is moist but no longer soaking with water.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of patted dry zucchini and add to a large mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese and breadcrumbs. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
Take 1 tablespoon of zucchini batter and squeeze between palm of hand, compressing it. Some water should also release out. Using both hands now, shape to resemble a cylinder tater tot shape. Place onto a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Bake for about 20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce of your choice.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (196 Votes)
- Easy Lasagna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- How to Spatchcock Cornish Hens 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Pizzelles 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pepper, Tomato and Cucumber Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Coffee-Marinated Flank Fajitas... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Miso-Glazed Turnips 4.4/5 (8 Votes)