Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Fresh Granny Smith apples flavored with nutmeg and cinnamon layered over a traditional cheesecake, topped with streusel and drizzled over with caramel.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from usrecipe.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy!
You'll also love
- BEST PORK CHOPS EVER!! 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Potatoes BBQ Potatoes 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Disneyland Red Apple Freeze 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Rice 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Snickers Peanut Butter Brownie Ice... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)