Pork Medallions With Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 boneless pork tenderloins - (1 lb ea) each cut crosswise
- into 4 equal pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from French bread
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or more)
- Mustard Cream Sauce (see recipe)
- Red Cabbage With Raspberries, Onions And Apples (see recipe)
Using meat mallet or rolling pin, pound pork between sheets of plastic to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix breadcrumbs, walnuts, parsley, cinnamon and nutmeg in processor until nuts are finely ground. Transfer to small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place flour and beaten eggs in separate bowls.
Dredge 1 pork medallion in flour; shake off excess. Dip into beaten eggs to coat, then into breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining pork medallions, flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumb mixture.
Heat 1/3 cup oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add pork and sauté until just cooked through, adding more oil to skillet between batches if necessary, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Serve with Mustard Cream Sauce and Red Cabbage With Raspberries, Onions And Apples.
This recipe yields 8 servings.