Grilled Pork Tenderloin al Pastor with Avocado Crema
- Avocado Crema:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- One 1-ounce package achiote paste
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 pounds each, trimmed of silver skin
- Neutral oil, for oiling the grill grates and drizzling
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Avocado Crema, recipe follows
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Mexican cream or sour cream
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the pineapple juice, achiote paste, chipotles, garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a food processor and puree until uniform. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the marinade for glazing. Put the remaining marinade and the pork in a resealable plastic bag and marinate for 2 hours in the fridge, rotating if necessary halfway through.
Heat a grill to high heat; clean and oil the grill grates.
Thread the onion rounds on the skewers, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the onions, developing a deep char on each side, about 10 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
Lightly season the tenderloins once more, then grill on all 4 sides, frequently basting with the reserved marinade, until golden brown and the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
Mince the cooled onions and season again. Slice the pork and serve with a dollop of Avocado Crema and garnished with chopped cilantro and charred onions.
For the avocado crema: Put the cilantro, Mexican cream, avocado and lime zest and juice in a food processor and run until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap pressed on top until serving, to keep the avocado from browning.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Potato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Potato Salad with Mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bars with Cream Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen Raspberry and Vodka Lemonade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Tangy Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- If You Like Pork Eggrolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado sauces 0/5 (0 Votes)