Burrito Stuffed Peppers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4-6 bell peppers (depending on how big they are)
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
3. Add ground beef and cumin and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Slice off tops of peppers and scoop out seeds, place on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
6. Once the beef is cooled, mix it with the remaining ingredients.
7. Fill peppers with meat mixture (and cheese if using) and bake for 15 minutes.