Shrimp Tacos with Guacamole Cream & Olive Salsa
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large raw shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
Scoop the avocado into a blender; add 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and ½ teaspoon salt. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
Combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of lime juice, the olives, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl.
Heat a grill pan over high heat. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spread some of the guacamole cream on each tortilla. Top with the shrimp and olive salsa. Serve with lime wedges.