Pan-Fried Trout With Bacon
- 4 bacon slices
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 trout - (8 to 10 oz ea) boned
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 1 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon.
Pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir to melt. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Coat flesh side of fish with flour; shake off excess. Add fish, flesh-side down, to skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Turn fish over. Cook until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer fish to 2 plates.
Pour off drippings from skillet; wipe skillet clean. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add all but 2 tablespoons onions; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in bacon, lemon juice, capers, and tarragon. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle fish with 2 tablespoons green onions.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Osso Buco-Style Halibut And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nantucket Scallop Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Rack Of Lamb With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb And Rice Pilaf With Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trout With Hazelnuts, Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary-Garlic Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive Salad, Cranberry-Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)