Pecan Bacon Cornbread Dressing
This stuffing is brimming with traditional holiday flavors, including leeks, herbs, and pecans. We used our Honey Corn Bread recipe but left off the honey topping. Store-bought cornbread also works well.
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cornbreads (rounds, squares, or loaves, 8 inches each), coarsely broken into 2-inch pieces (16 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for dish
- 8 slices smoked bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 leeks (white and pale-green parts only), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Homemade Turkey Stock, Chicken Stock, or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven for 7 minutes. Let cool slightly; coarsely chop. Mix together pecans and cornbread in a large bowl.
Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cook bacon in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat until almost crisp, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add celery and leeks. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt; season with pepper. Transfer to a large bowl.
Return skillet to medium-high heat, and add stock; bring to a simmer, scraping up brown bits and stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add to bowl with bacon-vegetable mixture. Stir in eggs. Gently mix in cornbread mixture. (Do not over mix.) Transfer to baking dish. Dot top with butter. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Maple Pork Chops Recipe 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Strawberry Walnut Bars 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Homemade Cheese... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Spinach Bacon Cheese Puffs 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Amish Cinnamon Bread 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Golden Corral Sweet Corn Pudding 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Grilled Cream Corn with Parmesan 4.5/5 (44 Votes)