Crostini with Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
Used for balsamic tasting.
Can be made 1 day ahead.
Tomatoes should be removed from the fridge 2 hours before serving.
- 1 lb. halved fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic that has been crushed
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and place tomatoes on sheets, cut sides up. Before baking, season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 45 minutes, tomatoes should be soft and have a golden tinge.
4. Set aside tomatoes to cool.
5. Prepare baguette. Place slices on 2 baking sheets. Coat bread with olive oil.
6. Put in oven. After 8 minutes, turn over and coat with olive oil. Return to oven and bake until golden brown.
7.While the bread cools, place tomatoes, garlic and vinegar in a large bowl together. Mix well.
8. You are now ready to either top the baguette with mixture or serve in bowl separately.