- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 2 bottles (8 oz each) clam juice
- 2 cans (10 oz each) whole baby clams
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 T flour
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
In 5-6 quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add clam juice, clams with their liquid and potatoes; heat to boiling over high heat. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
In 2-cup liquid measure, with whisk, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture and frozen vegetables to Dutch oven; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.