Pan-Grilled Salmon with Fruit Sauce
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 salmon steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Adapted from Mealtime.org
Combine peaches, pineapple with juice, sugar, cornstarch and ginger in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until the mixture thickens. Stir in lemon juice; set aside.
Meanwhile, grill salmon over medium-hot coals or in a grill pan (or broil on a rack of the broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat) for 7 to 11 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to the desired doneness, turning once. Serve salmon with sauce, and sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 420; Total fat 18g; Saturated fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 100mg; Total carbohydrate 28g; Fiber 2g; Protein 35g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 6%DV