Chicken and Fish Shaker Mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, or firm fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In shallow bowl, stir together cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, basil, salt and pepper.
Place milk in shallow dish; dip chicken or fish in milk, then into cornmeal mixture, turning to coat all over.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once for about 10 minutes, and fish for about 5 minutes.