Powerballz: No-Bake Lemon Coconut Balls
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 1 cup Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix Mixed Berry or any granola with fruit.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon peel
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or almond butter) or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
• Line tray with cooking parchment paper. In large bowl, mix granola, coconut, chia seed and lemon peel; set aside. In food processor, add dates, cashews and water; pulse in 1-second bursts about 45 seconds or until finely chopped. Add cashew butter and honey; process until well blended and mixture comes together into a ball.
• Transfer date mixture to bowl of granola mixture. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray; use hands to blend mixture. Using a tablespoon, measure out dough into 32 balls. Tightly shape balls, and place on tray.
• Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Place in storage container. Store covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Substitute 1 cup chopped pitted dried figs for the dates.
Be sure to use fresh, soft dates for this recipe. If not available, soak dates in 2 tablespoons boiling water 15 minutes to rehydrate.