- Spud Soup
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 white potatoes, skinned and cubed, about 4 cups
- black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower florets ( I used a whole cauliflower) 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 oz extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large pot over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 6 min. Transfer to a paper towel and crumble bacon, drain pan, leaving 1 tsp of drippings.
Reduce heat to medium, add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, 1-2 min., add potatoes and cauliflower and sprinkle on flour. Slowly stir in broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until potatoes are soft, 30 min.
Working in batches if necessary, transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth. Return soup to pan and stir in yogurt or sour cream. Stir in salt, pepper and half of the bacon, green onions and cheese. Serve topped with remaining bacon, green onions and cheese. Serves 6