Lemon Pie With Blueberry Topping
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounce purchased graham cracker crumb crust (8" to 9" dia)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 package frozen unsweetened blueberries - (16 oz)
- 3/4 cup blueberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate 1 egg, placing white in small bowl and yolk in large bowl. Beat white with fork until very foamy; brush over inside of crust several times to coat (discard remaining white).
Add 1 1/4 cups sugar, butter, and lemon peel to bowl with egg yolk. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until blended and smooth. Beat in remaining 3 eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in flour, then buttermilk and lemon juice. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake until filling is golden on top and set in center, about 45 minutes. Cool pie, then chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
Toss berries, jam, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in large bowl to blend. Let toping stand until berries thaw and juices form, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours.
Cut around crust to loosen. Cut pie into wedges. Serve, spooning topping over.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Lamb And Rice Pilaf With Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Indian Curried Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honeyed-Mango Chutney Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Cranberry Crumb Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trout With Hazelnuts, Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach And Mixed-Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)