Stir-Fried Beef with Broccolini and Shitake Mushroom
- 1 lb of Broccolini
- 1 lb of fresh Shitake mushroom, halved
- 0.5 lb of stir fry beef meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 garlic, smashed with skins removed
- 1 -inch ginger, cut into julienne strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch sections
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
* Marinate the beef with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine, 1 tablespoon Mirin and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch for 30 minutes.
* Mix the rest of the sauce ingredients (soy sauce, Shaoxing cooking wine, sesame oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, cornstarch) in a bowl and set aside.
* In a large pot, blanch the Broccolini for 1-2 minutes until the color turns bright green and plunge to cold ice bath to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
* Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large saute pan until hot but not smoking.
* Add the meat and stir with spatula until all pieces are coated with oil, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking. Fry until the meat just cooked, set aside.
* Add the rest of the oil and stir fry garlic, ginger and half of the green onions for 1-2 minutes.
* Add the sauce and mushroom, stir to blend and cover with lid, lower heat to a simmer and braise for 5-6 minutes.
* Add the meat, Broccolini and the rest of the green onions into the pan, stir well until all is coated evenly with the sauce.
* Adjust seasoning and transfer to a serving dish.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pork and Noodle Soup with Shiitake... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ina's Stuffed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FIDDLEHEADS WITH MUSHROOMS AND... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pauls Deen's Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bleu Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BISQUICK BROCCOLI QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)