Indian Curried Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk - (13 1/2 oz)
- 8 uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add ginger and curry powder; sauté 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk. Simmer 2 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.