Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 T. Butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pkg mixed veggie (frozen) (peas, carrots, corn, etc)
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Salt + Pepper + garlic + italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Half N Half or cream
- 1 egg + 2 T. water (egg wash)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kodiakcakes.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Melt butter over medium high heat and sute onions and celery until starting to get translucent.
Add mixed veggie and stir/saute briefly.
Add chicken. Sprinkle flour over the top until combined. Cook 1 minute.
Add chicken broth, let thicken. Once thickened, add spices. Add cream and let bubble and thicken (about 3 minutes).
Pour into 2 pie plates.
Top with crust. Paint with egg wash.
Bake 40 minutes.