Wilton Butter Cake Recipe
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon No Color Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 cups butter, (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pans with vegetable pan spray, or use Cake Release.
In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and almond flavor. Mix flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pans.
Refer to baking chart, for baking times and temperatures for specific pans.
Cool 10 minutes in pan. Loosen sides and remove. Cool completely before decorating.