Grilled Lamb Chops With Asian Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lamb racks - (1 1/2 lbs ea) excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick) chilled, and cut into small pieces
Whisk first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish to blend. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare barbecue (medium-low heat). Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning chops occasionally, about 25 minutes for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, boil chicken stock and next 4 ingredients in small saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add green onions and butter, stirring until butter melts.
Cut lamb between ribs into chops. Place chops on plates; spoon sauce over.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.