Batter Fried Mushrooms
Fresh, hot fried mushrooms made at home. Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Shortening for deep frying
Cooking time 29mins
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
In mixing bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in the water, melted shortening, and egg; beat till smooth. Pat the mushrooms dry.
Dip mushrooms into batter. Fry, a few mushrooms at a time, in shortening heated to 365 degrees fahrenheit. Fry till mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper toweling. Salt lightly and serve immediately.
To ensure nice, crispy, light mushrooms make sure the oil is at the proper temperature before dropping mushrooms in. Otherwise they will soak up oil and be greasy and heavy.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (442 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)