Batter Fried Mushrooms
Fresh, hot fried mushrooms made at home. Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Shortening for deep frying
Cooking time 29mins
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
In mixing bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in the water, melted shortening, and egg; beat till smooth. Pat the mushrooms dry.
Dip mushrooms into batter. Fry, a few mushrooms at a time, in shortening heated to 365 degrees fahrenheit. Fry till mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper toweling. Salt lightly and serve immediately.
To ensure nice, crispy, light mushrooms make sure the oil is at the proper temperature before dropping mushrooms in. Otherwise they will soak up oil and be greasy and heavy.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Perfect Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Poke Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Steak & Ale Mushroom Pie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Medallions in Mushroom... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Buttermilk Onion Rings, Kicked Up! 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pissaladières - Onion & Anchovy... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)