Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
If you're looking for a creamy, cheesy side dish your search is over. Everyone will be asking for seconds, it's that good!
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dash cayenne (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Butter a large square casserole dish.
Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk.
Cook until mixture has thickened.
Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
Pour cheese mixture over the potatoes, sprinkle with paprika and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
You'll also love
- Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad! 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Boiled Peanuts 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Poblano-Cheddar Twice-Baked Sweet... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)