Steak Stuffed Jalapenos
Oh, yea. This will be a favorite -- bacon, beef, cream cheese and jalapeños. Perfect appetizer for watching football!
- 8 jalapenos, washed, cut in half and insides scrapped clean
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound chuck eye steak, cut against the grain into 8 strips slightly smaller than the jalapeno
- 8 slices thin but bacon, cut in half
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Spoon the cream cheese into the pepper. Add the uncooked steak to the pepper and wrap the bacon around the jalapeno trying not to overlap it. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
Add pepper to taste.
Refrigerate at least 30 mins.
Preheat grill or skillet to med heat. Rotate peppers to cook on all sides and cook until bacon is crisp. Serve hot or at room temperature.