Brownie Strawberry Torte
- Brownie/Cake base:
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound strawberries
- chocolate glaze for garnish
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9 inch round spring form and line the base and the sides with baking paper.
3. Mix together the oil, vanilla extract, sugar and eggs and whisk until well combined.
4. Mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt and add slowly to the wet mixture.
5. Combine well and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few crumbs.
7. Leave to cool completely.
8. Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the cold water in a large bowl.
9. Beat in the instant vanilla pudding according to the package's instructions,
10. Whip the heavy cream until stiff and fold into the pudding mixture.
11. Chill for about 10 minutes to allow it to thicken a bit.
12. Wash and dry the strawberries then slice them.
13. Cut the brownie base horizontally, to obtain two slices.
14. Place one slice on a cake platter.
15. Spread half of the filling and some of the sliced strawberries on top.
16. Place the second brownie slice on top, press gently and top with the rest of the filling.
17. Arrange the remaining strawberries on top.
18. Drizzle with some chocolate glaze.
19. Chill until ready to serve.