Potatoes with Onions & Beef Broth
This simple potato dish delivers on flavor by baking the thinly sliced potatoes with onions in beef broth until tender and browned.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions sliced thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes , thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme
- 2 cups beef stock
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 190mins
Melt half the butter with olive oil in a saute pan, and gently fry the onions until soft and lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Spread half the onions in the bottom of a casserole.
Lay a layer of sliced potatoes on top, season with salt and pepper, and scatter with thyme leaves. Build another layer of onions and potatoes. Pour over the stock.
Cover the pan with foil and bake at 300°F until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 2-3 hours, removing the foil if you like a crisp top.
You'll also love
- Lemon Yogurt Poppy Seed Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Cauliflower-Honey Garlic 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Christmas Breakfast Sausage... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Sausage and... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef Taco Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (14 Votes)