Chili and Citrus Grilled Chicken
- 2 Limes, zested and juiced
- 2 Oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, cut into chunks
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 (3-4 lb.) Whole Chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- Fresh Cilantro & Slices of Lime, for garnish
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Combine the lime zest, lime juice, orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, and black pepper in a large zip top bag.
2. Add in the chicken. Move the bag around to coat the chicken in the marinade.
3. Place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to 24 hours.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry.
6. Grill the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes per side
7. Let the chicken rest a few minutes before serving.
8. Squeeze with fresh lime juice and top with cilantro.