Grilled Chicken and Prosciutto on Ciabatta with Pesto and Fontina
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 4 (5 oz) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 (1/2 oz) fontina cheese slices
- 1/2 c jarred refrigerated pesto
- 3 Tbsp water
- 8 (1 in thick) ciabatta bread slices
- 8 oz thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
Adapted from realsimple.com
Preheat grill to medium-high. brush the grill grates with oil. Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken, uncovered, for 3 min. Turn and top with 2 fontina slices each. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cook through, about 3 min.
Stir the pesto and water. Place 1 cutlet each on 4 of the bread slices. Divide the prosciutto and drizzle the pesto mixture among the slices. Top with the remaining bread slices and serve.