Bourbon Fudge Brownies
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
Adapted from thegazette.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring bourbon to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, stirring with a whisk.
4. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture and bourbon mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
5. Spread batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Source: “Cooking Light” magazine, March 2003.