Raspberry chocolate tart
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 6 ounces plain chocolate wafers)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2-pint container fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese*
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2-pint containers fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in processor; process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust until set, about 10 minutes. Cool crust completely on rack.
Combine raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and lemon juice in processor. Puree until smooth. Pour puree through strainer set over medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard seeds in strainer. Combine mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in another medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth and stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberry puree. Spread filling evenly in cooled chocolate crust. Cover and refrigerate tart overnight.
Arrange fresh raspberries in concentric circles atop tart. Stir raspberry preserves in heavy small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted to form glaze. Brush glaze over fresh raspberries. Refrigerate tart at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Remove tart pan sides. Place tart on platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
You'll also love
- macaroni salad (Cooked Dressing) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bourbon Bacon Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thin and Crispy Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES - 4... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins - Ritz Carlton 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Strawberry Skillet Cake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Marzipan Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)