Mediterranean Style Cod
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- (about 11/2 cups)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- (about 21/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives (about 3 ounces), rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 lemon, zest removed in thin strips, for garnish
1. Place finely grated lemon zest in a small bowl; stir in black pepper.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté, stirring, for 1 minute or until golden. Add bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté until most have burst, 8—10 minutes. Stir in olives and beans. Pour wine carefully into skillet, increase heat, and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly reduced, 8—10 minutes.
3. Season cod with salt. Press lemon zest—black pepper mixture on top of each fillet. Lay cod on vegetables in a single layer. Sprinkle with oregano. Cover tightly, reduce heat, and steam until cod is cooked through and opaque, about 10—12 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with strips of lemon zest.
PER SERVING: 331 cal, 20% fat cal, 7g fat, 1g sat fat, 73mg chol, 36g protein, 24g carb, 7g fiber, 597mg sodium